Installed - nothing returning for get-module listavailable

May 29, 2010 at 3:24 PM

I just downloaded and installed the latest version SQLPSX V2 on WinXP and Win7 machines with the same result.

After the installation starting ps and input

Get-Module ListAvailable

-- nothing returns.

Any thoughts?

Coordinator
May 29, 2010 at 3:56 PM

Does this command return anything?

Get-Module -ListAvailable SQLPSX

May 29, 2010 at 3:59 PM

Yes. It returns this...

ModuleType Name                      ExportedCommands
---------- ----                      ----------------
Script     SQLPSX                    {}

Coordinator
May 29, 2010 at 4:09 PM

That's good, this is what is expected.

From PowerShell just run

import-module sqlpsx

All of the sub modules will be import for you:

adoLib                                                                                                                 
Agent                                                                                                                  
Repl                                                                                                                   
ShowMbrs                                                                                                               
SQLMaint                                                                                                               
SQLParser                                                                                                              
SQLServer                                                                                                              
SSIS                                                                                                                   

May 29, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Ok. Did that. And running the get-modules still does not return anything. By that I am guessing they did not load.

Is it possibly a path issue? this is what I am getting.

PS C:\Documents and Settings\AJ_Mendo> $Env:PSModulePath
C:\Documents and Settings\AJ_Mendo\My Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules;C:\WINDOWS\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Mo
dules\;C:\Documents and Settings\AJ_Mendo\My Documents\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\sqlpsx\modules
PS C:\Documents and Settings\AJ_Mendo>

Looks like I have the same path twice.

Coordinator
May 29, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Do you have the latest version 2.2.2, released May 27th? We had some issues with the installer in release 2.2 and 2.2.1.

May 29, 2010 at 4:58 PM

Yes. Just downloaded this morning.

Maybe I should remove everything and start over?

Thanks for the help. I can ping you on twitter later ( @sqlaj ) if things still go bad. Gotta do yard work. No more playing for now.

Thanks